"...the mobile industry is doing everything, it can to ensure the UK remains connected."
UK mobile operators extend support for the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine
The UK's mobile operators are committed to playing their part in helping all those affected by the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine.
All operators have put in place measures to assist. For further details please see below:
BT / EE
- Free calls (landline and mobile), texts and data to and fromUkraine since
- Matching employee donations to UNICEF Children's EmergencyFund Appeal
- Ten thousand mobile charging packs sent to Ukraine.
- Ongoing donation of devicesand SIMs to Migrant Help to distribute to arrivals in need.
- Set up an Emergency Response Team to provide extraconnectivity to support refugees arriving in the UK.
- Free-roaming for anycustomer in Ukraine.
- Free calls and texts fromthe UK to Ukraine
- A free 30 days preloadedPay as You Go SIM card will be made available to any incoming refugees from theconflict in Ukraine.
- Data gifted to the NationalDatabank to support Ukrainian refugees.
- Phones received throughReconnected will be used to provide devices and data to those displaced due tothe war in Ukraine.
Virgin Media O2
- Removed data charges for customers in Ukraine
- Free texts and free mobile and landline calls betweenUkraine and the UK.
- Free mobile data gifted to the National Databank to supportUkrainian refugees.
- Donated 1250 devices and free data to Migrant Help as partof our Community Calling initiative.
- Donation to the DEC Ukraine humanitarian appeal.
- Free-roaming for any customer in Ukraine
- Free calls and text for UK customers calling Ukraine
- Free mobile SIMS with calls, text and data to 200,000refugees arriving in the UK
- Device tech appeal worth £1m
- Matching donations to the DEC Ukraine Humanitarian appeal
Stay safe in the UK - A Guide to Help and Support in the UK
Ukrainians Welcome is a joint initiative by UK anti-slavery and human rights organisations. Its aim is to provide helpful information to displaced Ukrainians arriving in the UK, with a view to making their lives easier and keeping them safe.
The charity has produced a website to help Ukrainians entering into the UK with everything they may need to ensure that they can feel informed and supported while in the United Kingdom.The site is funded by the Freedom Fund.
(Please note the site is in Ukrainian but can be translated into English by clicking on the language selection in the top right.)
Further information about actions taken by Mobile Network Operators can be found below:
- EE - https://twitter.com/EE/status/1497248137605439493?s=20&t=oMvpJZvUKRrKpJIMz4vDoA
- Three - https://www.threemediacentre.co.uk/content/three-uk-announces-connectivity-support-package-for-ukraine-refugees/
- Virgin Media O2 - https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2-extends-its-support-for-the-humanitarian-crisis-in-ukraine/
- Vodafone - https://twitter.com/VodafoneUK/status/1497485515561451521?s=20&t=oMvpJZvUKRrKpJIMz4vDoA