"...the mobile industry is doing everything, it can to ensure the UK remains connected."
Mobile Operators and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
How mobile operators are dealing with COVID-19 and keeping the UK connected
The spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) represents a very challenging and uncertain time for us all. While it is difficult to predict precisely how it will continue the mobile industry is doing everything it can to ensure the UK remains connected.
With mobile connectivity now very much part of the nation’s critical infrastructure, our member operators, EE, O2, Three and Vodafone are working hard to support all their customers. We understand how vital it is to ensure the UK remains connected, especially as we are asked to limit our movements and physical interaction.
Mobile UK has provided below some of the actions the industry is taking, information on how to get into contact with each mobile operator, and some additional useful advice that may be helpful.
Access to Health Information
- Access to the NHS UK online websites (including NHS England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales) will be free, meaning that your data allowances will be unaffected.
- Please remember that calls to the NHS 111 helpline are already free to use across all providers.
Protecting our customers and keeping the UK connected
- Mobile network operators already have more than enough capacity to handle the different demands expected due to COVID-19 but rest assured extra capacity is being added as the situation requires.
- Dedicated teams are in place to support critical organisations, vulnerable customers and businesses.
Protecting our people
- All mobile operators are taking additional steps to allow staff who can do so, work from home while at the same time ensuring critical functions, like the mobile networks, continue to be managed effectively.
- Travel restrictions between company sites have been put in place, and remote virtual meetings are encouraged.
Further information from the MNOs
For more details on each mobile operators’ response measures to COVID-19, please use the links below:
Further information from HM Government
- Government guidance and advice on COVID-19 – click here