March 19, 2020
How mobile operators are dealing with COVID19 and keeping the UK connected
Mobile UK and the mobile network operators, EE, O2, Three and Vodafone, are working hard to ensure the UK remains connected and is putting in place measures to support all their customers. To assist in this process, Mobile UK has set up a public information page that outlines some of the actions the industry is taking and advice on how to get into contact with each mobile operator.
The website will be updated as and when new information is available and will provide links and to specific operator pages to assist customers on each network.
Please find below a summary of the information available on the website but save the following link for direct access to the portal:
Access to Health Information
- Access to the NHS UK online websites (including NHS England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales) will be free, meaning that your data allowances will be unaffected.
- Please remember that calls to the NHS 111 helpline are already free to use across all providers.
Protecting our customers and keeping the UK connected
- Mobile network operators already have more than enough capacity to handle the different demands expected due to COVID-19 but rest assured extra capacity is being added as the situation requires.
- Dedicated teams are in place to support critical organisations and business customers.
Protecting our people
- All mobile operators are taking additional steps to allow staff who can do so, work from home while at the same time ensuring critical functions, like the mobile networks, continue to be managed effectively.
- Travel restrictions between company sites have been put in place, and remote virtual meetings are encouraged.
Further information from the MNOs
For more details on each mobile operators’ response measures to COVID-19, please use the links below:
Further information from HM Government
- Government guidance and advice on COVID-19 – click here
About Building Mobile Britain
Building Mobile Britain is a campaign created by Mobile UK seeking to work with national and local government, as well as interested industry groups to overcome the challenges we face with expanding the existing mobile networks, while also developing innovative services for customers.
See here for further information - or #BuildingMobileBritain
Head of Policy and Communications
Tel: 07887 911 076