February 8, 2023
UK Mobile Operators Extend Support To Help With Relief Efforts In Turkey And Syria
UK mobile operators EE, Three, Virgin Media O2 and Vodafone have announced new measures to assist those affected by the devastating earthquake in Turkey and Syria.
For further details see below:
- Phone calls, texts and data used in Turkey and Syria are free-of-charge for EE customers between 6 February and 10 February (inclusive)
- Calls from the UK to Turkey and Syria are free
- All charges associated with calls and texts from the UK to both Turkey and Syria until 20 February will be credited back into customers’ accounts
Virgin Media O2
- Customers will receive credit back for the cost of SMS messages sent to and from the UK to Turkey and Syria until 20 February
- Virgin Media O2 is supporting humanitarian charity Jangala by funding ‘Big Boxes’ that help provide internet connectivity to support the relief efforts in the countries
- Vodafone UK customers who use minutes or texts in Turkey and Syria until 13 February will be credited back into their accounts
- The cost of calls and texts from customers in the UK to the countries affected will be credited back into their accounts
The Turkish Government wishes to minimise traffic on the county’s mobile infrastructure, therefore contacting friends and loved ones by SMS is recommended.
Further information about the actions taken by mobile network operators can be found below:
About Building Mobile Britain
Building Mobile Britain is a campaign created by Mobile UK seeking to work with national and local government, as well as interested industry groups to overcome the challenges we face with expanding the existing mobile networks, while also developing innovative services for customers.
See here for further information - or #BuildingMobileBritain
Head of Policy and Communications
Tel: 07887 911 076