March 18, 2022
UK mobile operators extend support for the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine
The UK's mobile operators are committed to playing their part in helping all those affected by the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine.
All operators have put in place measures to assist. For further details please see below:
BT / EE
- Free calls (landline and mobile), texts and data to and from Ukraine since 25 February
- Matching employee donations to UNICEF Children's Emergency Fund Appeal
- 10,000 mobile charging packs sent to Ukraine.
- Free roaming for any customer in Ukraine.
- Free calls and texts from the UK to Ukraine
- A free 30 day preloaded Pay as You Go SIM card will be made availableto any incoming refugees from the conflict in Ukraine
Virgin Media O2
- Removed data charges for customers in Ukraine
- Free texts and free mobile and landline calls between Ukraine and the UK.
- Free mobile data gifted to the National Databank to support Ukrainian refugees.
- Donated 1250 devices and free data to Migrant Help as part of our Community Calling initiative.
- Donation to the DECUkraine humanitarian appeal.
- Free roaming for any customer in Ukraine
- Free calls and text for UK customerscalling Ukraine
- Free connectivity to 200,000 refugees arriving in the UK
- Device tech appeal worth £1m
- Matching of donation to the DEC Ukraine Humanitarian appeal.
- EE - https://twitter.com/EE/status/1497248137605439493?s=20&t=oMvpJZvUKRrKpJIMz4vDoA
- Three - https://www.threemediacentre.co.uk/content/three-uk-announces-connectivity-support-package-for-ukraine-refugees/
- Virgin Media O2 - https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2-extends-its-support-for-the-humanitarian-crisis-in-ukraine/
- Vodafone- https://twitter.com/VodafoneUK/status/1497485515561451521?s=20&t=oMvpJZvUKRrKpJIMz4vDoA
About Building Mobile Britain
Building Mobile Britain is a campaign created by Mobile UK seeking to work with national and local government, as well as interested industry groups to overcome the challenges we face with expanding the existing mobile networks, while also developing innovative services for customers.
See here for further information - or #BuildingMobileBritain
Head of Policy and Communications
Tel: 07887 911 076