October 19, 2023
Mobile Infrastructure Forum Launched to Support Delivery of World-Class Mobile Infrastructure Throughout the UK
- MIF’s goal is to support the delivery of world-class mobile infrastructure to improve wireless connectivity for society and businesses throughout the UK
- Forum members represent four key organisations operating large-scale portfolios of shared mobile infrastructure in the UK (Cellnex UK, Cornerstone, MBNL and Wireless Infrastructure Group).
(London, 19th October 2023):
The Mobile Infrastructure Forum (‘MIF’) launches today, bringing together the interests of four key organisations operating large-scale portfolios of shared mobile infrastructure in the UK (Cellnex UK, Cornerstone, MBNL and Wireless Infrastructure Group).
MIF’s goal is to support the delivery of world-class mobile infrastructure to improve wireless connectivity for society and businesses throughout the UK.
MIF’s objectives are to:
- Share with Government and other relevant stakeholders the combined experience and views of MIF participants to inform policy and regulatory activity;
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of network rollout (e.g. effective implementation of the Product Security Telecommunications Infrastructure (PSTI) Act, improved planning approval rates, supportive business rates regime);
- Generate positive public and local decision-maker sentiment and action that supports the delivery of world-class mobile infrastructure and associated wireless connectivity;
- Foster closer relationships between landowners and infrastructure providers, including working with the National Connectivity Alliance (NCA).
- Work closely and align with Mobile UK and its Mobile Network Operator (MNO) members on relevant infrastructure matters.
Belinda Fawcett, Chair of the Mobile Infrastructure Forum, commented:
“The launch of the Mobile Infrastructure Forum is a significant milestone in our efforts to support the delivery of world-class mobile infrastructure throughout the UK. The four organisations are committed to working with our stakeholders to ensure that the UK has the mobile infrastructure it needs to thrive in the digital age.”
Notes to Editors
The Mobile Infrastructure Forum comprises four members who are represented as follows:
- Cellnex UK - Jonathan Freeman, Strategic Growth and Regulatory Director
- Cornerstone - Belinda Fawcett, Director of Property & Estates and General Counsel
- Mobile Broadband Network Limited - Juliette Wallace, Legal and Property Director,
- Wireless Infrastructure Group - Alastair Davidson, Director
MIF’s participants work on non-competitive topics in accordance with UK competition law. The Mobile Infrastructure Forum is supported by Mobile UK, which will act as its Secretariat.
For further information, please contact:
- Gareth Elliott, Policy and Communications Director, Mobile UK on email@example.com or 07887 911 076
About Building Mobile Britain
Building Mobile Britain is a campaign created by Mobile UK seeking to work with national and local government, as well as interested industry groups to overcome the challenges we face with expanding the existing mobile networks, while also developing innovative services for customers.
See here for further information - or #BuildingMobileBritain
Head of Policy and Communications
Tel: 07887 911 076